!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Reports from the Nation: I'm thinking of getting a crystal ball

Thursday, September 29, 2005

I'm thinking of getting a crystal ball

It is possibly the most beautiful day in San Francisco since I've moved here. Pushing 70 degrees with lots of bouncy sunshine and a breeze off the ocean that smells like summer vacation when I as eight. I've felt like I was going to throw up all day.

I fear I'm becoming like an exaggerated Eastern European grandmother in a movie, reading entrails and throwing salt. This sunny day seems to me to be full of omens. I got lost and missed my hair appointment this morning. A can of coke had a puncture in it and leaked all over the floor, soaking Jaybeans' favorite yellow t-shirt. There are no parking places anywhere.

I go into work at exactly the same time as the game starts and by the time I get home it will be long over. The hardest part to remember is, it doesn't really matter what I'm doing. For all that I watch this game with romance and mysticism, it's basically a practical endeavor. They got it or they don't

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home