!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Reports from the Nation: Maaaaaan

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Maaaaaan

I haven't been in a place where I could post. Not really. Not with Theo gone... he still could come back, right? Right? I mean, they haven't signed anyone to take his place. Oh, who am I kidding. He's long gone with his red shoes on.

Then there's still the fact that the off-season acquisitions is about to start. Unlike last year where the thing seemed to drag on until March, the word on the street is that most signings will be done by Christmas with only a few possible trades lingering until the spring. To be honest, I think that'd be for the best. I need some time to get adjusted to the new rosters, to emotionally prepare myself for what is to come.

I feel this sort of pending devestation, this oppresive weight of how drastically different this team will look next year. ThereTo quote Tom Collins from Rent, "I can't believe he's gone, I can't believe you're going. I can't believe this family must die."

To end more on a "huh?" note than a tragically depressive note, what is going on with Urbina being charged with attempted murder? He is apparently being accused of being part of a group who attacked another group of people with a machette and covering them in gasoline and intending to set them on fire. It apparently happened on his family's ranch but he claims he was asleep despite being identified by one of the men who was attacked. Man, that will make your free agent price tag plummet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home