!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Reports from the Nation: A day of new beginnings

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A day of new beginnings

I could rant about our lack of pitching. I could rave about how we couldn't string hits together. I could even try to console myself by reminding myself that I had predicted the Red Sox winning the series in five, which necessitates losing twice.

Instead I'm going that today is October 4th. On a personal note, that means that today is the last work day of my supervisor and close friend, Trey. Even more important than that, it means that today is mostlymartha's birthday. It is (of course) the first day of the playoffs. And it is also Rosh Hashanah. All of these things means it's a time of change, of a beginning of new things or a new chapter.

Rosh Hashanah is the Jewish New Year and is described as Yom ha-Zikkaron or "The Day of Rememberance." In honor of that I shall remember what the Red Sox did last year while I partake of some quiet contemplation.

And drinking. It is after all mostlymartha's birthday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home