!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> Reports from the Nation: .500 guarenteed?

Saturday, October 01, 2005

.500 guarenteed?

So the Padres just now have earned themselves a winning record for the season. Let me repeat that, the NL West champions have just now (two days before the season ended) made sure that they will have won more games than they will have lost. Meanwhile, there is no guarentee that the Sox (who have won 94 games for a .588 winning percentage) will even make the playoffs. It blows the mind, it does.

Man, I had such odd dreams last night that I had trouble sleeping. I kept waking up thinking that last night's game was game 2 of this series, not the first. I kept thinking, "we just got to win one more time." Then I'd realize we need to sweep or win one and then the tiebreaker. Then I'd be so alert and tense that I had trouble getting back to bed.

I swear the postseason is already here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad I found your blog! Great information!

I have a site about business help own start up

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

7:24 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

like tumbler and tipsy days hopefully we will remain in high spirits. well, good day

3:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home